The flavors of Thai food have captivated my senses from the very first time I took a bite. There is an incredible variety of traditional Thai dishes from curries to papaya salad. Spicy, colorful, flavorful deliciousness that makes my heart sing. Here are my top five of my favorite Thai dishes:
1) Curry- I don't discriminate, sometimes I choose red, green and occasionally yellow. To keep it simple, I just love curry! An impressive and simple dish to cook for family and friends.
2) Pad Kra Pow!- Chicken with fresh veggies and basil leaves. A simple and fresh dish including garlic, ginger and veggies. Spicy goodness!
3) Tom Kha- A creamy coconut milk soup with lemongrass, galangal and other bold flavors with a kick. Only question is..with chicken or shrimp?
4) Som Tam- a muddled Green papaya salad with peanuts, lime juice, garlic and fish sauce and a pinch of palm sugar is a something I load up on before I leave Thailand in attempt to control future cravings (to no avail). It can be expensive, difficult or both to get your hands on some green papaya but totally do-able!
5) Stir fried Morning Glory- This is soooo good, my mouth is watering! Just simple stir fried water spinach with garlic, chilies, soy sauce and bean paste should be on every first-time visitors "must try" list.
Well, I hope you've enjoyed my top 5 Thai dish list. There is so much more! Sawadeeka!